SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
roz

28-04-2010 10:05 AM

I suspect that one of the problems is that whilst the houses up there are indeed family houses, most families probably couldn't afford to live there at present hence the predominance of a slightly older generation whose families have grown up and who are perhaps a little more settled for their own good. Apologies for what might be a generalisation but I think that might be the issue, along with the fact that some people may have forgotten that the sound of young children having a good time might actually be nice!

There a range of issues around living in the vicinity of a nursery and I won't beat about the bush in saying that I would also be asking questions if one moved next to me, but to be honest, you could as easily have other types of businesses in residential areas that could cause problems ie guest houses, and of course the family from hell could well move in , so perhaps a nursery where the most offensive issue is small childrens laughter might be a better bet? Its generally got a low carbon footprint as well even if a few parents drive there. A fairly large house could well be purchased with that sort of business in mind, also some people attempt to convert such properties into flats.

I used to live opposite the playground of Christchurch school on Perry Vale - the estate agent said not everyone liked the prospect but I really enjoyed the sound of children playing as it was nice and cheering, especially on a dull day.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Liphook Crescent planning application - roz - 28-04-2010 10:05 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,153 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison