SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   73,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
Canvas & Cream  Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Anyone annoyed by these loud high powered motorcycles
shaman

17-10-2014 08:55 PM

There is a need for a loud exhaust on a motorcycle, because lots of car drivers are blind and kill motorcyclists regularly. Sadly, many people hear motorcycles before they see them, because they rarely use mirrors.

There are regulations however, and these should be enforced during MOTs and by the police. Although I'm sure most riders of excessively loud vehicles regularly get pulled over for a chat.

There's really no need to use the antisocial behaviour of a minority of road users and the inaction of the police for many years (as far as I can tell) to 'have a go' at entire groups of road users. It's not very helpful.

And I'm sure you'll probably find this antisocial behaviour has been banned along with smoking in work vehicles and using mobile phones whilst driving or sitting in traffic, which people still do regardless. As a motorcyclist, I can tell you that mobile phone use among drivers is endemic.

Some of us are entirely reasonable people who wish to return home to see our families.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Anyone annoyed by these loud high powered motorcycles - shaman - 17-10-2014 08:55 PM