SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   73,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
Canvas & Cream  Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Highway improvements to Dartmouth Road
rshdunlop

29-04-2015 02:35 PM

The current length of red-route marking is ridiculously short, ending well before the road narrows at Bunka. It then goes to a single yellow, which is what causes problems in the evenings and weekends. The red route section needs to be MUCH longer.

The problems during the day are mainly caused by illegal parking, some of it partly on the pavements. I also wonder if the single yellows allow loading and unloading? If so, some of the obstructive parking is currently legal. I think bollards would be an excellent idea, along with the extension of the red route, to combat this. The idea of creating parking at the old post office is a good one, as long as the Sylvan Post won't lose too much of its outdoor seating.

The works in Sydenham were very disruptive, but people soon adapted and they could have been a lot worse. I think these works are going to be on a smaller scale so hopefully the disruption will be less.

Will this thread form part of the public consultation?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Highway improvements to Dartmouth Road - rshdunlop - 29-04-2015 02:35 PM
Dartmouth Road Pavement Parking - kipya - 13-04-2016, 06:37 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Development of Highway Dartmouth Rd Garthess 4 5,526 13-04-2017 07:22 PM
Last Post: admin