SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   73,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
Canvas & Cream  Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Highway improvements to Dartmouth Road
Cllr Paul Upex

23-03-2016 06:09 PM

Hello everybody –if you look back at this thread, you will see that many people have different views as to how we can improve Dartmouth Road. We can consult and re-consult, but it is a fact of life that we will not all agree. But I will always work and do what I think is best for Forest Hill having listened and taken on board the many different views that will exist.

Lewisham Council has in my opinion tried to listen to all stakeholders and take on the views of residents, businesses, pedestrians, car drivers and cyclists in order to take this scheme forward. These proposals have come to the Forest Hill Ward Assembly meetings 3 times and over 1000 leaflets were delivered along Dartmouth Road as part of the consultation with only 26 responses. If work does not start soon, this money for improvements could be lost and re-allocated by TfL.

With regards to the Stakeholder meeting The Forest Hill society were represented, the Forest Hill traders by the Chair of the Forest Hill Traders, Lewisham Cyclist were also invited, as well as V22 who are working on the library project plus 3 Forest Hill Cllrs and the Cabinet Members /Sydenham Cllr Chris Best who shared her experience with regards to the Sydenham scheme. A stakeholder groups is by definition aimed at representing the community and I think we achieved this. It was never the intention to exclude, hide or mislead anyone.

Finally just so everyone is aware or if they haven’t been invited - parents who are interested in setting up a Friends of Baxters Field Group are meeting tonight in the Bricklayers Pub at 8pm (Wednesday) and I will be joining them.

Happy Easter to everyone on the forum

Take care and remember to shop local

Cllr Paul Upex

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Highway improvements to Dartmouth Road - Cllr Paul Upex - 23-03-2016 06:09 PM
Dartmouth Road Pavement Parking - kipya - 13-04-2016, 06:37 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Development of Highway Dartmouth Rd Garthess 4 5,526 13-04-2017 07:22 PM
Last Post: admin