SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   73,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
Canvas & Cream  Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Highway improvements to Dartmouth Road
P1971

24-03-2016 12:07 PM

"Loading bays – the design team confirmed that the parking bays double up as loading bays, which is why there appears to be a lack of loading in the middle and south sections. Concerns were voiced about the bay outside #19 (Florists): can this be moved slightly so as not to impact on the shop front display because of the required 1.8m minimum footway width? It was note that primarily this loading bay was to assist the florist and there isn't enough room for displays / loading or a more suitable / convenient location for the loading bay. Therefore the florist should consider formally requesting a licence to display flowers or reduce the amount display to assist other pedestrians."

Sorry I don't know how to do the quote thing.

I've spoke to the girls at Laurel's Florist as I was sure the part of the pavement where they display their flowers outside belongs to their shop and not owned by Lewisham Council. This is the case!

So there would be no need for them to apply for any licence.

Some shops have basements & many moon's ago the entrance was from the pavements outside the shopfronts. These parts of the pavement are owned by the owners of the buildings & not by Lewisham Council. There is part of the pavement (which you can clearly see where the entrance used to be) outside my shop which is owned by my shop landlord. I don't need to apply to Lewisham Council for any licence to put things there.

This convinces me even more that what Anotherjohn has said about loading/parking bays being needed on the wide pavement outside Paddy Power. If these were added there would be no need for a parking bay outside the florist so would solve this problem, and this would also still assist the florist.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Highway improvements to Dartmouth Road - P1971 - 24-03-2016 12:07 PM
Dartmouth Road Pavement Parking - kipya - 13-04-2016, 06:37 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Development of Highway Dartmouth Rd Garthess 4 5,526 13-04-2017 07:22 PM
Last Post: admin