SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Big Issue seller outside Sainsbury's
frosty

12-11-2007 06:29 PM

A-ha, someone wants to get shirty. Yes, I believe someone who positions themselves in the middle of the footpath, causing all pedestrian traffic to go around them is a nuisance. Having her magazine-toting arm waving across your path when all you want to do is get home or into the shop is annoying. Having her come up behind you when at the cash dispenser is even more frustrating still. I think you've got off lightly.

Isn't the point of a forum that you can express your views? Having lived here for over 10 years, I think I have a right to be concerned about 'recent' developments in and around Forest Hill. Are people not noticing the newly arrived homeless camping in doorways up London Road? The plague of antisocial behaviour, graffiti, muggings & burglaries? Or aware of large and small businesses closing down, to remain as empty shop fronts, or be replaced with bookmakers? Don't we already have all the signs necessary to see that this is a poor area and heading downhill - cheque cashing, pawnbrokers and bookies - it all looks fantastic to me!
New apartments are being built, with new estate agents opening not far behind them, but what is happening to the social & economic infrastructure of this suburb? Beyond the arrival of the east london line development, which doesn't even head into town, I honestly don't know whether Forest Hill is going to pick itself up or turn into the new toilet of south london.

Go ahead and flame me. You know its true.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Big Issue seller outside Sainsbury's - frosty - 12-11-2007 06:29 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Big Issue seller outside Sainsbury's Herbparis 81 87,047 27-01-2011 11:35 AM
Last Post: Dillwihs